Clinic Manager, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery/Pharmacology - Penn Dental Medicine
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Employers By State in 2021.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.
COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement for all positions at the University of Pennsylvania. New hires are expected to be fully vaccinated before beginning work at the University. For more information about Penn's vaccine requirements and the use of Penn Open Pass, visit the Penn COVID-19 Response website for the latest information.
Posted Job Title
Clinic Manager, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery/Pharmacology - Penn Dental Medicine
Job Profile Title
Job Description Summary
The CLINIC MANAGER for Penn Dental Medicine's Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery/Pharmacology is responsible for oversight of clinic operations as well as Department planning, budgeting, and managing the educational and research support of the faculty. Responsibilities include: schedule/rotation management; inventory management; and ensuring compliance is adhered in all workflows/processes.
This position will report to the Department Chairman, with dotted lines to the Director of the Oral Surgery Clinic, the Director of the Oral Surgery Residency Program, and the Director of the Oral Surgery, Pharmacology, and Anesthesia Academics.
To learn more about the Division and Penn Dental Medicine, visit https://www.dental.upenn.edu/departments/oral-maxillofacial-surgery-pharmacology/.
- Oversee the quality of patient care by working with staff to ensure timely patient scheduling, treatment, and management of patient care concerns.
- Supervise administrative, clerical and clinic staff; including, but not limited to: performance evaluations, professional development/training, orientation, and communication of Departmental goals and mission.
- Organize and coordinate clinic schedules for staff, residents, students, and attendings. Monitor and oversee the organization of patient clinic schedule.
- Responsible for all inventory management, ordering and approving all needed supplies for the Oral Surgery Clinic as well as coordinating the transportation of medication from the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania (HUP) to Penn Dental Medicine as needed. Partner with PDM departments on insurance claims, process and collection for patient billing and management of client complaints.
- Ensure equipment is stocked, current, and functioning at manufacturer's standard, including the calibration of nitrous oxide units, supplying and maintaining clinic crash carts, oxygen tanks, emergency medications, and AED's.
- Provide leadership and communication regarding university/school/departmental/clinical/patient- related information to staff, faculty, residents and predoctoral students. In close collaboration with Department leadership, develop processes/workflows to operations as needed. Oversee compliance with university, school, departmental and clinical policies. Serve as key administrator in the clinic of all infection control and OSHA regulations and issues by working closely with the Office of Clinical Affairs. Ensure that all staff is HIPAA and AACO compliant.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and 2-3 years of managing a dental clinic required.
Knowledge of safety regulations and compliance standards.
Strong, proven leadership skills.
Effective organizational and computer skills.
Experience and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
Job Location - City, State
Department / School
School of Dental Medicine
$43,919.00 - $66,183.00
Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family-whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement-and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay
To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Dental-School-Evans-Building/Clinic-Manager--Department-of-Oral-and-Maxillofacial-Surgery-Pharmacology---Penn-Dental-Medicine_JR00054434-1
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-0a4ca59e38c0c149bd69b2a0e78d270b