Instructor for Pharmacy Technician Program (Spring 2022)
The major responsibility of this adjunct faculty position will be teaching pharmacy technician students in the assigned course(s). A variety of courses are available: (1) Technician Roles and Communication, (2) Law, 3) Dispensing, 4) Anatomy and Physiology and Therapeutics, 5) Calculations, 6) Pharmaceutics and Sterile Compounding, 7) Simulation, 8) Advanced Compounding, and 9) Advanced Management.
This position is considered a Responsible Employee under Title IX federal regulations and Mandatory Reporter under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about violating Title IX. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Train students according to American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, (ASHP)/Accreditation Council on Pharmacy Education (ACPE) standards.
- Guide students in preparation for a pharmacy technician training license through the National Pharmacy Technician Association (NPTA), and certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, (PTCB).
- Test and grade students through written tests and quizzes, games, pharmacy simulations and verbal recall.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to successfully learn sterile compounding and aseptic technique.
- Familiar with current pharmacy law.
- Ability to work with students and other pharmacy faculty to optimize student learning.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employees shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
High school diploma or GED equivalent.
Required Work Experience
Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience working in an outpatient and/or inpatient pharmacy.
Experience working in sterile compounding and aseptic technique.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Applicant must have national certification through the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) and must be registered with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy, (TSBP).
6 pm to 9 pm Tuesday through Thursday weekly. Off on holidays.
Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
Posting Number: UN528PO
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 01/04/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Pharmacy Technician Program Director
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 10/20/2021
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/17863
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency