Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice (Ambulatory Care)
The University of the Incarnate Word is seeking applicants for a 12-month nontenure track faculty position in the Department of Pharmacy Practice at the Feik School of Pharmacy. This is a split funded position (50% each) with the Feik School of Pharmacy and University Health. The expected practice site is University Health Texas Diabetes Institute primary care clinic.
In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIW Mission.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you as the employee to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
Official duties and responsibilities of faculty members at the University include teaching, scholarship, service and professional activities.
The major responsibilities of this nontenure position include:
- Provision of clinical pharmacy services under a collaborative practice agreement to patients at University Health Texas Diabetes Institute primary care clinic.
- Serve as a preceptor for student introductory and advanced pharmacy practice experiences and residents.
- Conduct didactic teaching primarily within the Schools skills lab series, but teaching may also occur within other courses or labs. Approximately 75% of the time will be spent at the practice site and 25% at the School.
- Perform service and scholarship activities based on Schools nontenure track guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience in the management of chronic disease states
- Ability to work with students, patients, multidisciplinary providers, and pharmacy staff to optimize patient care
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employees shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Doctor of Pharmacy Degree with postgraduate residency training in ambulatory care, pharmacotherapy, or equivalent experience.
Required Work Experience
Ambulatory care or pharmacotherapy residency or fellowship, or equivalent experience in ambulatory care.
- Board certification in ambulatory care.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
- Applicants must be a licensed pharmacist and eligible for licensure as a pharmacist in the state of Texas.
- Applicants will be expected to become a certified preceptor with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- Applicants must obtain and maintain credentialing with the practice site.
Typical for faculty in this field.
Posting Number: UN616PO
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 08/01/2022
Position End Date (if temporary):
Reports To: Dean and Assistant Dean of Pharamcy Practice
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 04/29/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicant
Please have 3 letters of recommendation submitted to:
Cheryl Horlen, PharmD, BCPS
Assistant Dean and Chair of Pharmacy Practice
University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy
4301 Broadway, CPO #99
San Antonio, TX 78209
Position may start earlier than listed based on finalist availability.
To apply, visit https://jobs.uiw.edu/postings/19104
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion.
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-fcb1d9f22877c14cbeac17126c30abc9